Studies now show Covid-19 is transmitted primarily through air contamination.*Surface disinfection is not enough to kill the virus and can be unproductive and potentially dangerous. 78-85%** of infections occur in highly dense areas, according to a report published by the World Health Organization. Buses are dense, confined spaces and air disinfection is the most effective solution for a healthy environment.
O2 Fresh Technology Systems
Utilize the latest in air disinfection and cleaning technologies. The systems trap and destroy allergens, mold, germs and viruses; helping to create better air quality and a safer traveling environment for passengers and employees.
Flu, Coronavirus and other contagious outbreaks will continue to proliferate year after year. The O2 Fresh Technology System is the ultimate investment in the future of student and driver safety and protection. Disinfecting surfaces alone does not give full protection against virus transmission. Surface disinfection combined with air decontamination gives your bus the ultimate protection and safety against viruses which are primarily spread through the air.
5-Stage Fresh Technology System Includes:
Cleans Air of Harmful Particles
Other systems work against gravity, fighting the natural tendency of contaminants to fall towards the floor. Other ceiling mounted systems pull the cabin air upward, allowing live germs and viruses to hover at face level for long periods of time. In contrast, the O2 Fresh Technology System works with gravity, dispensing clean air at the roof line and pulling contaminated air to the floor level.
This powerful system with up to 5 stages, incorporating HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filtration and UV is unmatched in the industry. Employing the same technology used in hospital operating rooms. The O2 Fresh Technology System refreshes air in less than 1 minute providing the cleanest air possible.
The O2 Fresh Technology System is intentionally located outside of the bus, eliminating contamination of the cabin while servicing or replacing filters.
Cabin air is pulled into a powerful 4 stage HEPA filtration unit that is able to trap 99.97 percent of particles in the air. This effectively controls viruses, bacteria, mold, allergens, odors and fumes.
The fresh air system helps create a cleaner, safer environment for passengers and employees, reducing employee downtime and reducing passenger exposure to airborne diseases and allergens.
The presence of airborne substances, whether non-visible respirable particles or the more visible larger particles, should always be assumed. The O2 Fresh Technology System will help to reduce the exposure of occupants to these potentially dangerous particles, and help to ensure that your vehicle’s indoor environment is as pure as possible.
Improving air quality also benefits equipment performance by capturing dirt, dust and debris that might otherwise clog the HVAC system. Clean air keeps equipment performing at its best.
UVGI (Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation)
Deactivates Pathogens & Microorganisms
After up to 4 stages of filtration, the air passes by 4 powerful 110V UVC tubes (with a wave length 254 nm) that work to eradicate residual viruses and/or pathogens uncaptured by the HEPA filter. Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) is a disinfection method that uses a certain spectrum of ultraviolet (UVC) light to destroy or inactivate microorganisms.
The Fresh Technology System is engineered so the UVC light is in its own enclosure. This extends the contact time between pathogens and the UVC light, which is critical (only the extended exposure to UVC is able to eradicate pathogens). In addition, the enclosure is lined with polished stainless steel to intensify reflectivity and efficiency of the UVC lights.
The UVC lamp units sanitize the air by destroying the nucleic acids of pathogens and disrupting their DNA, leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions.
After these 5 stages, the clean air is then re-circulated back into the cabin. UVC light alone is not enough to fully clean the cabin air, it takes the combination and power of this complete system to eradicate microorganisms and pathogens with speed.
- Keeping passengers and staff safe starts with a clean bus. In an enclosed space keeping surfaces clean is not enough. The O2 Fresh Technology System helps control germs and viruses in the air by filtering out harmful particles and purifying the air.
- The O2 Fresh Technology System works with gravity, removing contaminated air at the floor level and dispensing clean air at the roof line. Competing systems returns are located at the roof line, fighting gravity allowing contaminants to hover at face level for long periods of time.
- Heavy duty, commercial grade system cleans the air faster, and is more powerful than other units on the market, refreshing air in less than 1 minute.
- This is the only system with up to 5 stages – 4 levels of filtration and 1 final level of high output, 4 bulb UV exposure. High grade HEPA filters and powerful UV allow for optimal, clean disinfected air.
- Contains 4 large high output 110V extended life UVC tubes, eliminating contaminants faster and more effectively than competing systems. Extended lamps last twice as long as standard bulbs.
- The O2 Fresh Technology System is externally located, simplifying service and eliminating contamination of the cabin air when dirty filters are replaced.
- Quiet operation - externally located system creates very low decibel levels inside of the cabin.
- Separate high-efficiency, reflective UV chamber, with 6 times the volume of other systems - increases the exposure time to UV light, erradicating residual viruses and/or pathogens.
- Utilizes the same technology to sterilize hospital operating rooms
- Increased exposure to UV lights, kills more pathogens
- This powerful system refreshes air in less than 1 minute
- Deactivates airborne viruses, bacteria, mold, allergens, odors and fumes
- Increases public safety for students, drivers, faculty and parents
- Reduces driver illness and downtime
- Extends life of HVAC components, while reducing service costs
- Effective chemical-free air disinfection
- Simple to operate and maintain
- System can be easily removed and installed on other buses.